Thrift Shop Grand Re-Opening and Plant Sale!
Saturday, May 1, 10 am – 4 pm (Plant Sale 10-12)
For more information about the Thrift Shop or to volunteer, email interim Thrift Shop manager, Peter Ostrander, email@example.com
For more information about the Plant Sale or if you have plant starts to donate, email Jann Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a one-time or recurring donation to St. James Church. Processed via PayPal.
Sunday Morning Worship @ 10:30 am
In-Person and Livestream
- This link takes you to the St. James YouTube Channel page. On the YouTube Channel page are the uploaded videos and previous live streams.
- When we are live streaming there will be an additional window at the top of the page with a link next to it labeled LIVE. Click LIVE to watch the live stream.
Register for In-Person Worship:
- Individuals and “pods” (families and those with shared exposure) will need to register by emailing names of those attending to email@example.com
- And fill out a waiver form found here.
- A family or “pod” may complete one waiver form with all names listed.
- Interior space is limited to 25% capacity (around 60 people) per WA State COVID guidelines and those of the Diocese of Olympia,
- Families and “pods” can sit together, but everyone else will be 6 feet apart and all attendees will be required to wear a recommended protective mask. We will have hand sanitizing stations. We will serve Eucharist in individual portions.
Coffee Chat Every Sunday Morning at 9:30 am
Coffee Chat and Zoom Link:
Meeting ID: 860 1181 4269
Capital Campaign Update
Pillars of Faith – Windows of Hope
Capital Campaign Update, December 2020
We are in the final six months of our Capital Campaign (ends June 30, 2021)!! We have much to celebrate and a couple of projects still to finish. Read the update: Capital Campaign Update – St. James Kent (PDF)
Meet Members on the Monitor on Wednesdays @ 6:30 pm via Zoom
Join Mother Joyce & Sister D. for a series on Celtic prayer, poetry and practices. Each week will include good conversation, lectio divina, and readings from The Soul’s Slow Ripening: 12 Celtic Practices For Seeking The Sacred by Christine Valters Paintner.
All are welcome! Consider inviting and friend or family member this week.
MMM Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 893 8892 4911
Sister D Bracher, Minister of Formation
Read-a-loud with Sister D. on Mondays @ 4:30 pm via Zoom
We’ll be reading “Tales of the Kingdom” by David and Karen Mains and illustrated by Jack Stockman. This delightful story is good for ages 9 to 99. The story begins in Enchanted City with the orphaning of two young boys. Find out what happens next in the Kingdom where everybody belongs to someone. To the King! To the Restoration!
Meeting ID: 870 0896 1308
Every month on the second Saturday at 8:30 am, the guys will be meeting virtually for a time of conversation facilitated by Norm Harris and Corky Corcoran. Grab a cup of coffee and join them!
Next meeting: Saturday, May 8, 8:30 am
Zoom link: Men’s Breakfast
Meeting ID: 876 2747 0448
It’s a Breeze!
Using that link, please create your unique login and update your information.
2021 Annual Meeting
We held our Annual Meeting via Zoom on Sunday, January 31. Click on the recording of the meeting below (includes PowerPoint Slides) to listen. If you have questions, please contact Vestry Chair Leslie Malek at QueenderNacht@gmail.com or 206-321-0567.
The Outreach Ministry provides low-income Kent residents and the homeless with food, water, clothing, utility shut-off assistance, drivers licenses and IDs, referral information, and prayer always. We also provide school supplies and household furnishings, when they are available.
Our Community Garden connects at-risk families and children with the spiritual, nutritional and creative enrichment of learning to garden and compost in their homes and community.
Grand Re-Opening: Saturday, May 4
We will be open on Saturdays, 10-4
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Peter Ostrander, Minister of Community Engagement, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Thrift Shop is located in the gymnasium next to St. James Episcopal Church 24447 94th Avenue South Kent, WA 98030. We are accepting donations of gently used items 9 am to 12 noon on Wednesdays, and 10 am to 4 pm on Saturdays.