- This event has passed.
November 20 at 1:00 pm-7:00 pm
Why Donate Blood?
You don’t need a special reason to give blood.
You just need your own reason.
- Some of us give blood because we were asked by a friend.
- Some know that a family member or a friend might need blood some day.
- Some believe it is the right thing we do.
Whatever your reason, the need is constant and your contribution is important for a healthy and reliable blood supply. And you’ll feel good knowing you’ve helped change a life.
What Can You Expect?
- Have a light meal and plenty to drink.
- Bring your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification.
- Bring the names of medications you are taking.
The actual donation takes about 8-10 minutes, during which you will be seated comfortably. The process is safe and sterile. Certain donation types, such as platelets, red cells or plasma, can take up to two hours.
After donating, you should have a snack and something to drink in the refreshments area. You can leave the site after 10-15 minutes and continue with your normal daily activities.
Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment knowing that you have helped save lives.